Friday, 1 August 2014

Boots Holiday Haul

In a few days Jon and I will be going on our travels around a few countries in Europe.  I'm excited and a little nervous as this is the first time we are not staying in one place and need to negotiate trains and hostel bookings.

In the lead up I have been looking in my stash for travel toiletries to take (thank you Christmas gifts) but found there were a few things I was still needing and as always a trip to boots leads to some unnecessary (not holiday related) purchases.





I'm not sure if the travel size section is worth the money but having little samples of products is suitcase and handbag friendly and, let's be honest, totally cute.

I've really been enjoying my full sized Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner but the lid, which is a flip cap, could open easily during travels causing stressful leakages so I decided to pick up the smaller bottle (which has a much more secure screw lid).  I also picked up a travel version of the Batiste Dry Shampoo.  Again a lot simpler than carrying a full sized version of my preferred TRESemme one and the scent of this one (tropical - coconut and exotic) is delicious. 

As it was 3 for 2 I also picked up the TRESemme heat defence styling spray as hair care is important even on holiday and if it's hot and humid I will need all the help I can get!!

I wan't going to take the toner with me but my skin hasn't been great recently and so I thought two weeks without anything would make it even worse.  This led me to my next purchase the Montagne Jeunesse Black Seaweed Peel Off Mask.  I thought this would be a good shout as I can put it on in the room we are staying in and rather than having to go to the bathroom to wash (which is shared in some places) I can conveniently peel it off in the room without walking down the corridor like some sea creature!  These were £1 and I'm interested to see what they are like, I'm hoping they will be beneficial to my skin in the city atmospheres we will be in. 


I also picked up some flipflops to use in the shared bathroom and possibly any spas we go to (Budapest I'm looking at you!).  I love the jazzy colour of these and at half price (£3.50) I don't think I can go wrong. 

The last purchases are not fully holiday related but as I had a No7 voucher I thought now was a prime time to try their brush cleanser.  This is a spot cleaner rather than a deep clean and is so useful to quickly clean a blending brush so it is ready for the next time it is needed.  Although be careful with the over excited pump, I seem to have cleaned my trousers in the process (although this could just be my bottle). 
No7 were having a buy one get one half price so I also picked up the brush case for £4.00 which I will be taking on holiday, it is a classic black with a crocodile skin-esque pattern and fits a lot of brushes. 

I'm very happy with my haul.  Have you been buying anything recently?

Jen xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

No comments:

Post a Comment