Sunday, 13 April 2014

Skincare happy



The body shop really has become one of my favourite shops for affordable but great quality body and skin products.  Everything I buy from them has not disappointed which increases my love of the brand further. 

A long time ago (around February) I purchased their Vitamin E moisturiser and night serum which were sold together in a pack for a cheaper price (which I have forgotten!) but both are £12 individually - although there are often sales and deals on. 

The moisturiser - Vitamin E intense moisture cream - has really helped my skin.  I wouldn't have said before that my skin is very dry (the skin type this product is aimed at) but I did have a few dry patches around my nose and mouth area which would arise throughout the day.  This moisturiser has sorted those right out and keeps them away all day!  During the winter months this has been a holy grail for me and I use it everyday. 


It has a smooth and slightly thick texture so I don't need to use too much, I've been using it everyday for 2 months and have more than half left.  I dot it around my face and, although it is a little thick, it blends in well and does not feel greasy on the skin.  Time will tell if this is suitable for me in the summer but it will be a winter repurchase for sure and a skincare item I will continue to use - I'm so happy I purchased it.    




The vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil was something that I had wanted to try for a while and so seeing it paired with the moisturiser for a smaller price was great for me.  I have really been enjoying this.  I have to say I was a little nervous to use a facial oil as sometimes my skin can be oily in areas and greasy in the morning, however I would not look back!  As the name suggests the product is a clear oil, which when rubbed in, sinks into the skin quickly and does not make my face feel greasy, even when I have used a little too much - oops!  I have found that the amount in the pipette when you remove it from the container seems to be the right amount for my face - no extra squeezing necessary!   

 
 
I'm not too sure of the replenishing affects for this product individually as I have used it in conjunctions with the moisturiser but it would be something I would consider repurchasing.  Using both of these products has left my skin feeling super smooth and soft. 

I'm also very found of the packaging of both these products.  Having the plastic cover on the moisturiser is hygienic and a nice touch and the glass pipette for the serum makes it appear more expensive than it is.

What are your skincare choices at the moment?  Have you tried either of these products or something else from The Body Shop that you love?

Jen xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441



4 comments:

  1. I love the vitamin e range at TBS I've recently started incorporating the vitamin e moisture serum into my routine and although I'm not the biggest fan of the smell I do find the products from this line work for me, I'd love to try this oil x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, I'm glad you enjoy the range too!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Vitamin E Serum-in-Oil and have heard lots of people rave about how good it is! It's not often that I buy anything from The Body Shop.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been great for my skin. I never used to buy things from there either but I went to a body shop party at a house and tried some free products - been loving everything since!

      Delete