Monday, 21 April 2014

Holiday haulin' - beauty

So another haul from my lovely 2 week break.  It was such a brilliant break - the right mix of work and relaxation!  So, on some of my many trips, I managed to pick up some beauty bits, some spur of the moment purchases and some 'required' products (required is being used very loosely here). 

One of those products was the Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion.  I have never ever faked tanned, probably for two main reasons 1) I'm very pale and so am nervous that the first time I do it it will be like 'WOAH what happened to you!?' and 2) I am worried that it will go horribly wrong and I'll be streak central.  I have however used the gradual tanning lotions for a few years now and been happy with the results.  Now I don't get a 'look how sun kissed and golden my body is' vibe from it but I do enjoy using it on my legs to add a little colour.  This can become a little streaky if you over do the lotion in a haste to be golden but if you take your time and it will be lovely and natural. 

I have also purchased some lipstick/lipstain products including the L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick by Color Riche  in the shade Molto Mauve (500) and the Bourjois Rouge Edition velvet lipstick in the shades Pink Pong and Peach Club.  I don't want to say too much about them as I will do separate reviews when I have tested them a little longer.  What I can say is that I am very happy with them!





















I also picked up some Kiko bits and pieces when I went to Westfield Stratford.  I had seen Barbara from the Persian babe talk about the water eyeshadow products from the brand and the colours she picked up looked great.  When I went into the shop there were some fantastic colours, I was very tempted by two: 209 Olive Green and 218 Grapefruit Pink,, which too me is a much more golden-orange shade.  These are colours I don't normally don't go for so thought they would be a nice addition to my collection.  They apply well and can be intensified by adding water.  These are a higher price than I normally pay for eye shadows (£8.90) but worth it, I've used the green colour and loved it.  I also picked up an eyebrow spoolie brush which was a little expensive for me at £6.90 but again it was worth it as it has been very useful and super soft on my brows.




















I also picked up new nail colours from Models Own.  This is the first time I have purchased Models Own, they were reduced a little (£4 rather than £8 at the time).  I picked up two from the Speckled eggs collection (duck and goose), one from Beetlejuice (purple blue) and 1 from the Splash collection (mermaid tears).  I've been enjoying all of them although, as I find with all chunky glitters, the mermaid tears is tricky to apply for a great effect. 

From left to right: mermaid tears, duck, goose and purple blue

 Have you got any of these products?  What are your opinions on them?

Jen xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

No comments:

Post a Comment