Saturday, 4 January 2014

Christmas Shopping - The Sales

I do enjoy a good sale and although they tend to be on in some shops all year round in one form or another the Christmas ones always seem special.  Lots of quality things are greatly discounted and it seems to extend your Christmas holiday and celebrations that little bit further!  I had a shopping list with me (something which is always beneficial) and I did well at sticking to it.  I wanted to replace some of my clothes which are a bit short for me now and which I feel I can't get away with wearing as much. I have a few smarter dresses and a going out body con skirt which are just a little too short for me to wear and feel comfortable in now. 

I started at Marks and Spencer as I had some vouchers and managed to pick up a skirt to replace my body con one.  Again it is quite tight but it comes down to my knees so not as revealing.  It has a textured pattern (crinkled material effect) and was reduced from £25 to £15 so I have some money left over from my vouchers - bonus!



I also had vouchers for New Look and went hunting in their sale.  I found some dresses which can be formal and casual, they are a soft material and the two I bought are a purple and green shade.  I can't find the exact dress on the website but this I did find the Petite version of it in an orange colour.  I paid £11 for my dresses each, they used to be £19.99 (still a great price).  They also both came with a black belt with a gold rectangle as a buckle. 




On that same shopping trip I picked up a cardigan from Select (I can't find it online), it is more of a structured cardigan and has a bobbly texture with a few sequins sewn in at various points so it shimmers.  I thought this would look good for nights or meals out as it is a little smarter and fancier than other cardigans I have. 





On another trip I mananged to pick up two more dresses which are longer and can be worn with tights or on their own in the summer.  Both were £10 and from a shop in my local shopping centre.  I wanted a black dress to replace another shorter one I have and I liked the colour and pattern of the other dress as it goes away from my normal black/plain attire and they are both soft and smooth.





In another local shop I also picked up some bits that weren't necessary on my list, but I couldn't resist picking them up.  The black top is perfect for going out and offers extra texture to an all black outfit, it has a plain black material on the back but I am happy with that.  This was reduced to £9.99.  The grey jumper was also reduced to £9.99.  It is an over-sized slouchy soft jumper with pretty lace-like detailing on the chest area. 

 

I also picked up a clutch from Accessorise, which was reduced to £7.50.  I was looking for a statement clutch that would brighten up/add something to a black outfit which I do tend to go for for night outs.  I saw some lovely ones in Coast (and ideally I was looking for a box/hard clutch) but they were still expensive so when I saw this one it was more subtle but still what I was looking for.


 
I also picked up some body butters in the Body Shop sale as they were £5 each. greatly reduced from their usual £13.  I picked up 2 of the Papaya, as I love this one and then also thought I would try Vanilla Bliss and Passion fruit. 



Have you ventured into the sales and picked up some good finds?

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

Jen xx











6 comments:

  1. Love the little clutch bag & the bodyshop goodies- you got some great bargains:) xxx
    teenytinamaria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thak you for commenting. I do love a good Christmas bargain!!

      Delete
  2. Love the dresses! :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I look forward to wearing them :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Papaya range at The Body Shop!! It smells divine, I only just discovered it during Boxing Day.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting. It is great and I love the thickness of the body butter.

    ReplyDelete