Saturday, 21 December 2013

Miso - Mi-love


Every now and then I always have a craving for Chinese/oriental food.  When I was younger I kept it simple with just one dish, normally a chicken chow mein and millions of prawn crackers, but as I've grown so has my interest in trying new things and now I like to have many dishes to sample!

One of my favourite places to eat Chinese/oriental food is Miso. It doesn't have the greatest range of restaurants (mainly South London -Locations), but if you do live near one I would definitely recommend it!  The atmosphere is good, the portions huge and the dishes delicious and well priced. 

The dish I traditionally go for is either the 'Miso Extra' (a noodle dish with a range of meats) or the 'duck with udon'.  However, in keeping with trying lots of dishes, this time I went for a soup dish (which is noodles and other yummy offerings in a GIGANTIC bowl of watery soup), edamame beans and vegetable and prawn tempura, which were all scrumptious.  I have recently found a great love for tempura ever since a friend introduced it to me in Brighton and if I see it on a menu I am always tempted to order it.  The tempura at Miso is delicious with large helpings and no scrimping on the filling, the prawns are huge! 



















My brother also went for a main and two side dishes. He had Yaki Udon and then duck spring rolls and Gyoza.  Everything was delicious and as it was lunchtime I was able to keep eating and eating!! 




















I really do love Miso, it is a great place to go with friends and the pricing is fantastic - most main dishes are under £9 but I don't think the flavour or quality is missing because of the lower price.  I'm maybe not the best judge of oriental food but I keep going back and back. 

Have you ever been to Miso? What is your favourite oriental restuarant?

Jen xx

2 comments:

  1. I love miso as well and use it for everything from marinades to just the plain soup, it's great for a light lunch snack :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, it's delicious. Also congratulations on your Sunshine nomination! xx

      Delete