Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Highlighting good highlights

Highlighter is only something I have recently become more interested in.  I have to say I do love seeing other people's night out makeup and noticing a heavy glow to their cheeks and brow bones, it definitely looks amazing on some people. 

I recently have two new additions, the Revlon Photoready Skinlights face illuminator which I bought myself and the MAC product which was a birthday gift from my brother. 


I decided to purchase the Revlon Face Illuminator in 'Bare Light' after seeing the beautiful Alix from Icovetthee talk about it.  I don't normally go for warmer toned highlights but I really do like this.  Alix used the product under her foundation whereas I have been using it on the top of my cheeks, down my nose and on my cupids bow after I have applied my foundation.  I will definitely be trying it under my foundation though.  I find that a little product definitely goes a long way and once on my face it adds a subtle shimmer but I'm sure that it can be built up for a strong glow. This is a little glittery which personally I don't mind but for those of you who don't like the glitter look you might want to be careful!








The MAC cream colour base I had wanted for a while and so when my brother asked me for birthday ideas this was on top of my list.  It appears it is really hard to get your hands on the Pearl shade of this product and so I am so grateful that my brother was able to find it as I love it (thanks so much Rich!).  It is a lovely, cool, pearl shimmer colour which looks great on the cheek bones and shows up super well on the brow bones. 

I've really been enjoying upping my highlight, particularly for nights out, I love the effect - glowing not greasy!  Personally I prefer cream highlighters as I find they last longer and are easier to apply and blend.  Both these products are beautiful and I would definitely recommend them.

Have you tried any of these products? What highlighter do you use?

Jen xx














3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is lovely to hear :)
      You have a great blog too, I love the photographs.
      I have followed you on Bloglovin' would be great if you could do the same :) Jen

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete