Monday, 23 December 2013

Burgundy Kisses


Artificial light

I don't often paint my nails when I'm at school as my nail polish never seems to last long. However I love wearing polish, I think it can make an entire outfit and I have a large collection which reflects this love. 

I recently purchased the Maybelline Colour Show nail polish in 'Burgundy Kiss'.  This is a lovely dark wine colour, perfect for the winter months, it also has a slight brown tone to it in certain lights.  I have really been liking this colour.  I do find that sometimes darker shades enhance my pale skin and make my hands appear a little dead but this colour has been lovely. 


Natural light

 
The brush is a large size which made application quick and easy. I found that the colour looked good after just one coat, it was a dark red colour, but I added another coat to make it a deeper wine shade.  It has a beautiful glossy finish and is very opaque. 
 
Index and middle finger with 1 coat, ring and little fnger 2 coats
 
I used a Revlon top coat which I have had for a while and find it really helpful for protecting my nails from damage and chipping, ths polish lasted 3-4 days without major chipping.  i will definitely be looking at picking up more shades from this range.  
 
Have you tried any of the ColourShow polishes?
 
 
Jen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment