Thursday, 10 October 2013

Review - Makeover Essenstials Bronzer and Brushes

This is the last of my reviews of the Makeover Essentials.  To get the background story to these products and how I came to own them click here and to see my second post on this brand click here.  The bronzer was the product I purchased for £34.99 to get the others free and I have to say it was the product I was least interested in.




I'm not the biggest bronzer user and as this one is glittery it makes me stay away from it even more!  However when I have swatched it the sparkle does not show up as strong as I thought (that could be a pro or con depending on your views).  The product does give a nice sparkle without giving the glitterball affect. Perhaps I should make an effort to use it more.  Unfortunately the bristles do shed easily but the plastic pop-up covering does work well to protect the product. 


The last product for me to review are the make-up brushes.  They came in a good, slim holder which I currently take to work with me to hold a brush.


The eye brushes inside have been really helpful and soft. I particulalry like the eyebrow/eyeliner brush which I use for my brows as it is smaller than my previous one.  The disappointing brush is the blush brush, it is really hard and scratchy - not something you really want to put on your face! Also as with the bronzer I have noticed that the bristles are shedding. I wonder how long they will last?


 Blush brush (top) and foundation brush (bottom)


From top - lip brush, eyeliner brush, eyeshadow brush and eyeliner/eyebrow brush.
 
 
Have you tried anything from Makeover essentials? If so what?
 
Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment