Sunday, 13 October 2013

Beauty Haul #2 - a lotta lips





After seeing FleurDeForce's blog post about the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks I bcame determined to try and find 'In Love With Ginger' as the orangey shade looked gorgeous and is not a shade I currently own.  The shops I went to didn't have the shade but as I was still tempted by an orange treat I found Maybelline did the colour 'electric orange'. 

Electric Orange


1 application patted in


2 applications

I really like this shade and think, when it's patted in, orange can look good on my skin tone.  Once applied more heavily it can create a more intense night out look.  Maybelline lipsticks have never really worked for me before but this 'colour sensational' line (of which I now own two lipsticks) provide good colour.


1 application patted in
2 applications
The second shade I picked up is 'Midnight Plum' a purple, shimmery colour.  As with 'Electric Orange' this shade can be both muted and intense depending on your desired look. 



Pumpkin and Raisin

To go with these lipsticks I picked up some lip liners from Sleek.  One in 'Pumpkin' the other 'Raisin'.  These are really soft and apply comfortably onto the lips.  I am still looking for the perfect purple-pink toned lip liner as this one is a little dark. 
I also picked up a repurchase of the Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder and decided to buy Maybelline 'The Rocket' a I had been wanting to try this for a while.  I do like it, however I prefer Maybelline 'The Falsies'. 
 
I'm happy with these purchases - the lipsticks aren't great at moisturising my chapped lips but I'm happy to top up with lipbalm throughout the day.
 
What have you been buying recently? Have you tried any of these products?

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment