Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Review - Ultimate Beauty II Collection, Makeover Essentials

I had an interesting shopping trip the other week where I bumped into a Makeover Essentials pop up stall.  I had never heard of Makeover Essentials (ME) before, but after chatting to the charming sales assistant he said that they are an American brand who are promoting themselves in England before they sell in the likes of Debenhams.  This was part of a promotion to get customers acquainted with the brand as they are rather expensive and they didn't think people would be willing to spend a huge amount on a brand they are unsure of - too right!

I was inticed over with a full goodie bag, obviously as things are never free, there was a deal:

Buy a Bronzer shimmer brush for £34.99 (discounted from the original £50) and as I was one of the first ten customers I would get 3 products for free.  Now I wouldn't say I'm the most gullible person, especially when it comes to paying money up front but I was intrigued and really probed the guy.  He insisted that the free products were worth over £100 and proceeded to show me them in some detail. (I may do future posts on the others when I have tested them out).   

One of the three products was the Ultimate Beauty II Collection - a palette including 27 eyeshadows, 9 lipglosses and 3 blushes, plus a slim rectangular mirror at the top (underneath the ME logo).


 

I am really pleased with the eyehadows and blushes in this palette. They have a good pigmentation, although some have a lot of fall out.  I am so happy with the selection of colours, especially the blushes.  Everything by ME is made from minerals (so the man told me) and therefore they blend out  to look natural, something which I like to see in makeup.

I'm not the biggest fan of large palettes as they are not travel friendly and this one does not feel high end however I am really loving the products inside!  I'm particulalry liking the two end ones on the second row - a shimmery purple and dark brown.  I have been applying these in the morning without primer and they have lasted for a few hours on me which is fantastic as I have oily eyelids and shadows tend to fade quite quickly normally. 


Blushes - left on arm is right in the palette, middle is middle and right on arm is left in the palette.

A few eyeshadows, camera is not the best quality but they are highly pigmented. 


I am really impressed with this product however I'm pleased I got it in this deal as I would not have paid the $64.99 price tag (currently $59.99 in the sale) shown on their website.  The sales assistant claimed that ME are a high end brand in America selling with the likes of YSL, Chanel and Lancome, which would explain the high price.  However if I knew the brand and it's reputation maybe I wouldn't be so shocked by the price?

So if you see this promotion near you I would definitely check it out as the quality appears to be really high, there is a great colour selection and the products are long-lasting, I'm really pleased I have the palette. 

Have you tried anything from Makeover Essentials? What do you think?

Jen xx 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10466441/?claim=wmvknu4f9kp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. I also had never heard of them until one of the sales women came up to me while I was out shopping. The deal she offered was you buy the bronzer brush for £30 then I got the double sided mascara, palette and a travel sized brush set free. So being the makeup lover I am I kinda felt like I needed to try it out and it seemed like a good deal to me.

    I agree that for the price the palette retails for on the website it feels very cheaply made like I could easily break it if I dropped it. The shadows however are good quality, the mascara didn't blow me away but I am picky when it comes to mascara. The bronzer brush is super shimmery so I only tend to use it on my body like my collar bones etc when I'm on stage and that is fine with me I prefer a matte bronzer on my face anyway, and the brush set is nice quality but I hate the powder brush it sheds all the time and isn't that soft.

    Anyway that is my experience with makeover essentials just thought I would share as I haven't found many reviews on this brand.

    Allie

    http://wonderlandblogs1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this, I always wonder what people think and have seen some mixed reviews. I'm actually pretty happy with the products I have, I think the actual products are good quality too. I didn't see the mascara at the time so that is interesting! I totally agree with the brush, some are good but one of them is very scratchy!

      Delete